The Public Works Department is pleased to announce our Christmas Tree Recycling Program. This initiative allows West Park residents to bring holiday trees to McTyre Park, where they will be chipped, and used to provide mulch for landscaping throughout the City’s right-of-ways.
All residents are encouraged to make a special effort to recycle holiday trees this year instead of tossing them into the trash. There is to drop off holiday trees for recycling.
The program begins December 26, 2012, and ends January 26, 2013.
Instructions For Recycling your Tree
Christmas Tree Recycling Program From The Public Works Department
• Remove all decorations, wires, lights, plastic bags, and stands before dropping off the tree.
• Artificial trees will be accepted.
• Drop off at McTyre Park, 3501 SW 56 Avenue, West Park, between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• To schedule a special delivery time, please call the Public Works Department at 954.889.4162.
• Only personal vehicles will be allowed to leave trees; no truckloads.
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=53636
Comments are closed