Please join us on Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers for this month’s Commission Meeting. The meeting opens with the presentation of two Proclamations. First, a Proclamation will be presented to Ellen J. Uguccioni and David Gartner for their extraordinary talent in creating the City’s 15th Anniversary Commemorative Book. Next, a Proclamation will be presented to Loretta de Vries in recognition of her many accomplishments. Following, there will be an introduction of Judicial Candidates.
There will be a first reading of an Ordinance that grants the City Commission to approve an extended payment plan, upon the recommendation of the Finance Director (and subject to interest payment), for development rights purchased from the city.
There will be a second reading of two ordinances: 1) approval to update the renaming of City Departments and 2) approval to clarify that the commercial jet ski launching facilities are conditional use in the Town Center Zoning District.
THERE ARE EIGHTEEN RESOLUTIONS:
• Request for approval for the selection of 11 professional architectural and engineering firms to perform services for the City.
• Request for approval of an agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation for pedestrian improvements at the intersection of Collins Ave. and 163rd Street.
• Request for approval of an agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation for pedestrian improvements at the intersection of Collins Ave. and 193rd Street.
• Request for approval of agreement with Keith and Schnars, P.A. for utility undergrounding consulting services (Phase I).
• Request for approval of agreement with Ashbritt, Inc. for emergency debris cleaning and removal operations in the aftermath of a hurricane.
• Request for approval of appointing members to the Historic Preservation Board for a two-year term.
• Request for approval for a sponsorship donation of $2,000.00 to the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Event.
• Request for approval for temporary use of food truck service at 17315 Collins Ave (Sole On The Ocean).
• Request for approval to support the Central Everglades Planning Project.
• Request to authorize staff to submit a $500,000 matching grant application for expansion of Pelican Community Park’s Community Center.
• Request for approval to donate up to $10,000.00 to sponsor the 10th Annual Dragon Boat Race.
• Request for approval for an agreement with Tenex Enterprises, Inc. for Collins Avenue streetscape improvements and landscaping services.
• Request for approval to support the establishment of a unique zip code for the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
• Request for approving a second change order of an agreement with Beiswenger, Hoch & Associates, Inc. to provide post design services for the Newport Fishing Pier.
• Request for approval to enter into an agreement with Logistics Management Group for Jazz Fest 2012.
• Request for approval to award a contract to Shiff Construction for the installation of a security barrier fence on the top floor of the Heritage Park garage.
• Request for approval of termination of beach club use by the hotel operator of the Marenas Resort (18683 Collins Ave.).
• Request for approval of a change order for Shoreline Foundation, Inc. related to the Newport Pier project.
You might be interested in these stories:
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=41041
Comments are closed