Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2013. The meeting opens with several special presentations:
1. A Proclamation designating 2013 as “The 500th Anniversary of the European Discovery of Florida”.
2. A Proclamation designating March 2013 as “Bike305 Month”.
3. A presentation of Certificates of Appreciation to both Aqualina Resort & Spa and Trump International Beach Resort for the prestigious honor of earning Forbes Travel Guide’s Annual Awards of five stars and four stars respectively.
A report presented by Lewis J. Thaler, Chairperson of the Charter Revision Commission.
THERE WILL BE FIRST READING OF THREE ORDINANCES:
• Amending Chapter 108 to prohibit the removal of beach sand from private property.
• To call a Special Election, if necessary, for proposed amendments to the City Charter. • To clarify restrictions on setback encroachments in the mixed use/resort district and to establish development standards for hotel and apartment hotels in the business zoning district.
THERE WILL BE SECOND READINGS OF THREE ORDINANCES:
• Approval for the Fiscal Year 2012/2013 Budget Amendment. • Repeal the early voting ordinance, since City elections are held at the same time as state and national elections. Additionally, City Hall has been recently designated as an early voting site.
• Providing additional regulations for mechanical parking.
THERE ARE FIVE RESOLUTIONS:
• Request to approve an amendment to the agreement with Development Counsellors (DCI) for public relations services.
• Request to approve a third amendment to the design build agreement with 4M Investors pertaining to the Gateway Park Project.
• Request to approve a contract for preparation of plans to construct a wall separating the area under the Lehman Causeway from Ocean View and Ocean Reserve properties.
• Request to approve Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. for design services for the Intracoastal Park.
• Request to approve Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. for design services for the Arlen House Project.You might be interested in these stories:
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=57385
Comments are closed