Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 20, 2012. The meeting opens with a presentation of the winners of the 2013 City Calendar photo contest. Next, the City Commission will present a Proclamation proclaiming Thursday, December 20, 2012 as “Kiwanis Club of North Miami Beach and Sunny Isles Beach Day”.
THERE ARE TWO ZONING HEARINGS SCHEDULED:
• The applicant, Jade Signature, is applying for site plan approval for a 55 story building with 223 condominium units at 16875-16901 Collins Avenue.
• The applicant, Atlantic 15, is applying for site plan review for a proposed development consisting of 15 single-family homes at 18915-19035 Atlantic Boulevard.
THERE ARE TWO ORDINANCES FOR FIRST READINGS:
• This is to amend Section 265-18 of the Code of Ordinances of Sunny Isles Beach to clarify that any proposed height modification (whether an increase or decrease) to a previously approved site plan application requires approval of the City Commission.
• An Ordinance amending Section 74-8 of the City Code outlining rules of procedure for the City Advisory Committee applicable to the applicants. THERE ARE TWO ORDINANCES FOR SECOND READINGS:
• Approval for an annual rate increase for the Stormwater Fee.
• Approval to require re-noticing of zoning applications where the deferral or continuance request exceeds 30 days.
THERE ARE FOURTEEN RESOLUTIONS:
• Request by Jade Signature for assignment of private TDRs for 22,764 square feet and 11 dwelling units.
• Request by Jade Signature for assignment of private TDRs for 126,737 square feet and 70 dwelling units.
• Request for approval to expend partial forfeiture (DOJ) funds for the purchase of a citywide automatic license plate reading system and new computer servers for the SIB Police Department.
• Request for approval to enter into an agreement with Iron Sky, Inc. to install and maintain the automatic license plate reading system.
• Request for approval to purchase six UTV/ATV beach vehicles and associated equipment for the SIB Ocean Rescue Unit.
• Request for approval to purchase three computer servers for the SIB Police Department to replace the currently outdated department infrastructure.
• Request to approve seven members to the City Advisory Committee.
• Request to approve five members to the Charter Revision Committee.
• Request to approve a settlement with the property owner of submerged land located in the bay between 172nd St. and 174th St. for the emergency/pedestrian bridge.
• Request for approval to terminate the Declaration of Restrictions previously imposed for the Paramount project, now known as Jade Signature.
• Request for approval of City guidelines for retired elected officials (e.g., office space, ID cards, invitations to selected events, parking privileges and copies of the Agenda book).
• Approval of revised sexual and other harassment policies, consistent with federal and state law.
• Approval to recognize philanthropists Stephanie and Jules Trump, and Eddie Trump and the Acqualina Resort and Spa for their donation of $50,000 for scholarships to college-bound Sunny Isles Beach students.
• Request for approval to urge the Florida Legislature to amend the Florida Clean Air Indoor Act to allow the City of Sunny Isles Beach to regulate use of tobacco products in its parks and recreational areas.