Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 15, 2012. The meeting opens with a special presentation by representatives of H e n g c h u n / K e n t i n g , Taiwan as a possible sister city to Sunny Isles Beach.
THERE ARE TWO ZONING HEARINGS SCHEDULED:
• The applicant, Unique, is requesting 1) site plan approval for a 42-story building with 64 condominium units, 2) approval for utilizing private TDRs for 51,287 square feet of development rights and 27 dwelling units, 3) a waiver of the required beach access easement for public safety reasons, and 4) the use of graphics and murals on temporary construction fencing.
• St. Tropez on the Bay is applying for site plan review for the two phases of a proposed development consisting of three phases. The applicant is requesting FAR bonuses and TDRs as well as a variance concerning pedestal to tower front setback for the office building proposed in Phase III. Additionally, the applicant is requesting approval of the use of mural and graphics on temporary construction fencing.
THERE ARE TWO ORDINANCES FOR FIRST READINGS:
• An Ordinance amending Section 265- 11 (F) to clarify that if a zoning applicant requests a deferral or continuance beyond 30 days, the applicant will be required to re-notice their application to all property owners within a radius of 300 feet not less than 10 days prior to the re-noticed public hearing, all at the applicant’s expense.
• Request for the Commission to approve an annual rate increase provision for the Stormwater Utility Fee of $4.00 per month to allow the City to financially manage inflationary increases in operating costs. THERE IS ONE ORDINANCE FOR A SECOND READING:
• An Ordinance amending Chapter 218 of the Code of Ordinances to clarify that newly constructed sales centers for development projects require approval of the City Commission. THERE ARE FOURTEEN RESOLUTIONS:
• Request to accept the results of the General Election held on November 6, 2012.
• Request to appoint a Vice Mayor with an effective date of December 6, 2012.
• Request to approve the utilization of private TDRs for Unique in the amount of 51,287 square feet of development rights and 27 dwelling units.
• Request to approve use of City’s TDRs in the amount of 94,680 square feet of development rights and 45 dwelling units for St. Tropez on the Bay, Phases II and III.
• Request to approve a donation in the amount of $2,000.00 towards a sponsorship of an event at Heritage Park for the American Cancer Society in 2013.
• Request to approve establishing a Sister City relationship with Taormina, Italy.
• Request for approval to purchase a new replacement Community Shuttle Bus as well as upgrades to two additional buses.
• Request to approve an Interlocal Agreement between the City and the State Attorney regarding the prosecution of municipal violations.
• Request to approve a contract amendment with Kimley-Horn & Assoc. for a Collins Avenue driveway access into the commercial center at 183rd Street & Collins Avenue.
• Request to approve a contract amendment with LIVS Associates for design revisions to the Arlen House Project.
• Request to approve the short list of prequalified Engineering, Architectural, Landscape Architectural and Land Surveying Companies.
• Request to approve extending a consultant agreement with Bell David Planning Group for providing on-call planning services for various projects throughout the year.
• Request to approve a minor site plan modification at the 400 Sunny Isles Beach Marina, which does not require a variance.
• Request to approve a parking lease agreement with Coastal Construction of South Florida, Inc. at the public parking lot on 175th Street.
THE MEETING ENDS WITH TWO DISCUSSIONS:
1) an interim reconciliation of Tenex Enterprises, Inc. for the Collins Avenue Streetscape Project and
2) a request for an easement on cityowned property from Chabad Lubavitch Russian Center, Inc.