The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Sunny Isles Beach, Golden Beach, and Aventura, will be held at Heritage Park, 19200 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, on Saturday and Sunday, April 20-21, 2013. The Relay begins at 6:00 p.m. Saturday and ends on Sunday at noon. Admission is free, and entertainment is planned for the entire 18 hours. The entertainment will begin at 7:00 p.m. with musical performances by students from Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High Biscayne BayCampus. There will also be a DJ, familyfriendly movies playing quietly throughout the late night and early morning hours, and more! A silent auction will also take place during the event with items that include a diamond necklace and gift certificates from local businesses. There also will be a special area and VIP treatment for cancer survivors.
Relay For Life is a celebration of cancer survivorship started in 1985. The event runs for 18 hours to symbolize that there is no break from struggle with cancer. Relay represents the hope that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, that those who face cancer will be supported, and that one day cancer will be eliminated. Relay is important because one in three Americans will get cancer in their lifetime. Today, slightly more than half of cancer patients survive. This survival rate can be increased through more research and greater community awareness of health issues.Relay For Life gives everyone an opportunity to fight back and make a difference in the battle against cancer.
If you want to get involved —
• Rally a team. Recruiting 10-15 people, start fundraising and then join the walk! If you want to walk and join an existing team, you can do that as well.
• Sponsor the event. Corporate and inkind sponsorship opportunities are available to help support the Relay.
• Donate. Help a team raise funds, make a donation to the Relay in general, or donate an item or gift certificate for the silent auction.
• Walk in the Cancer Survivor’s Victory Lap. Be honored as a survivor or a caregiver and give hope to others battling cancer and their families.
• Volunteer the day of the event. Help set up tents, signs, registration tables, survivor area, prepare for the luminaria ceremony, and provide other volunteer services the day of the event.
For more information, sponsorship or donations, contact Event Chair, Gale Goldstein Tucker at 954-558-6711, email@example.com. To form a team or join an existing team, contact Team Chair, Max Fleischer at 305-490- 1436, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit www.relayforlife.org/aventurafl to register a new team or join an existing team. For information, contact Arleen UriaSpeed at the American Cancer Society at 954-200-7526, Arleen.UriaSpeed@Cancer.org.
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=55828
Comments are closed