Munchkin Fun’s Art Basel Kids Guide
Art Basel isn’t just for adults - check out these family-friendly events for Art Basel Miami Beach 2012…
- Get musical with your munchkins courtesy of Pop-Up Piano Miami. Tickle the ivories on eight “artiscally crafted” pianos placed throughout Wynwood, Midtown, Downtown and the Design District or pop by for a scheduled performance by local musicians. After Basel, the pianos will be donated to local charities.
- Get your funky side at Let Petit Papillion’s Street Funk Friday, Dec 7 from 6-8pm. Kids of all ages can explore break dancing, photography, poetry and a live art mural. Free & open to the public. Funky attire encouraged.
- Bring the munchkins to Collins Park to browse Art Public, a series of outdoor sculptures, interventions and performances presented by Art Basel and the Bass Museum. This year’s Art Public features works grounded in their connection to speech & language.
- Explore Art Basel while your munchkins get crafty with Miami Children’s Museum courtesy of ArtKids. Parents can enjoy the art while kids four and up participate on-site interactive arts programming for up to three hours.
- Explore satellite fairs and linger in Wynwood while munchkins three & up enjoy art & games at Play-In. Drop munchkins off for an hour, three or the day – $15 per hour.