What: Baptist Health South Florida urges the importance of getting screened for the early detection of breast cancer. The organization is reducing the cost of digital mammograms May 1-31 for uninsured patients only.
• Screening mammogram: $50
• Diagnostic mammogram: $100
A doctor’s prescription is required. All digital mammograms are reviewed and interpreted by Board-certified radiologists.
Who: Baptist Health includes Baptist Outpatient Services and Baptist, South Miami, Baptist Children’s, Doctors, Homestead, Mariners and West Kendall Baptist hospitals, along with Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute and Baptist Health Medical Group. Baptist Health South Florida performs close to 70,000 mammograms annually. Patients can call the Baptist Health scheduling phone numbers: 786-573-6000 in Miami-Dade, 954-837-1000 in Broward. They will be directed to a Baptist Health Medical Group physician, who will reduce the price of an office visit to $25 to coincide with the special mammogram pricing.
When: May 1-31, 2014
Where: Baptist Health outpatient diagnostic centers:
• Baptist Diagnostic Center, West Kendall Baptist Hospital Medical Arts Building, 15955 SW 96th St., Suite 101
• Baptist Outpatient Center, 8950 North Kendall Drive, Second Floor
• Baptist Mammography Center at Macy’s, The Falls, 9100 SW 136th St., Second Floor
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Brickell, 2660 Brickell Ave.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Coral Gables, 10 Giralda Ave.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Coral Springs, 6264 West Sample Rd.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Davie, 4741 S. University Dr.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Doral, 9915 NW 41st St.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Miami Lakes, 14701 NW 77th Ave.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Pembroke Pines, 15885 Pines Blvd.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Tamiami Trail, 14660 SW 8th St.
• Baptist Medical Plaza at Westchester, 8840 Bird Rd.
• Homestead Hospital, 975 Baptist Way (Campbell Drive and SW 147th Avenue)
• South Miami Hospital, 6200 SW 73rd Street (Sunset Drive and SW 62nd Avenue)