Have your child learn baseball fundamentals from their favorite Marlins players! Clinic stations include hitting, pitching, fielding and base running.
Celebrate Miami Fashion Bloggers and Chapman Partnership. Sip Champagne and Shop for a Cause. Guests are invited to come and meet their favorite Miami Fashion bloggers, while donating 10% of all sales to Chapman Partnership. There will be a Kalla Spring Fashion Inspiration contest, challenging guests to pick out outfits inspired by the Kalla bouquets. The guests will then post split screen photos of the Kalla bouquets next to their inspired outfit in order to be entered into a contest, as well as Receive 10% off of their Recycle Closet purchases. Kalla bouquets will be given to contest winners.
Chopin’s family celebrated his birthday on March 1 and the Chopin Foundation of the U.S. is continuing this wonderful tradition with a very special concert at the Manuel Artime Theater in Miami. World renowned pianist, Sergei Babayan will join forces with Miami’s own Amernet String Quartet for a wonderful chamber concert that includes Dvorak’s Piano Quintet in A Maj. Op. 81. Babayan will round out the program with Chopin solo piano works. Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy the Chopin Foundations first performance in the Concert Hall that will serve as the home of the 2015 National Chopin Piano Competition.
Join us on Saturday, March 1st from 6:00p to 9:00p
at Sirona Fine Art in the Villages at Gulfstream Park
Dorian Vallejo’s masterfully executed canvasses are explorations
into a beautiful, ethereal world of dreams, with the journey documented
by these richly hued visions of transcendent beauty.
Sirona Fine Art
600 Silks Run, #1240
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com. “Where Smiles & Teamwork Rule the Day!” An annual family-friendly obstacle course/adventure race activity modeled after the show THE AMAZING RACE and designed for adults & kids grades K-12. It\’s way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea! Run, jog or walk. How well you work and communicate with your teammate are the most essential ingredients to winning the race! On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached. Sign up now, team members can be added later on race day!
1. ABOUT THE RACE: Friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers race against other teams completing a one mile cross country course with obstacles/challenges that require teamwork. Whether you run, jog, walk or watch, it\’ll be a Bonding Experience you will never forget. Testimonial: “What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a life time.” Celebrate someones day in a wild way! Our birthday party space can accommodate up to 25 teams. So sign up early.
2. RACE DESCRIPTION: Modeled after the popular television show \”THE AMAZING RACE\”, teams of two people race around a one-mile cross course in competition with other teams, completing a string of up to eight fun-filled challenges. Clue Cards provided at each station directs teams to perform team-oriented tasks (game, relay, obstacle course, etc.) before proceeding to the next challenge station. Contestants strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winners. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams.
Teams can choose a Recreation Pace (those who prefer to walk or jog at a leisure pace) or a Competitive Pace (those who prefer to run). Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty, based on age and level of the participants. Beginners can choose the easier challenges, while veteran racers will complete the more difficult challenges.
3. REGISTRATION INFO: Pairs only: adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Must be 5 years of age or older to participate. Children in Pre-K and Kindergarten must be paired with an adult.
4. GROUP DISCOUNTS: Teachers, military, law enforcement & fire departments, as well as members of Girls Scouts, Boy Scouts, YMCA, 4-H, BBBS and BGC receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
5. RACE DIVISIONS: Race divisions are determined by grade of youngest team member: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9 and Grades 10-Adult teams.
6. AWARDS: Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each race division. The top 25 teams, from each city race, qualify for the National Championship Race and $2,000 prize!
7. REFER A TEAM, EARN $: Refer your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers and you will BOTH earn $5.00 worth of referral rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise at the race.
8. SUPPORTING: The GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY Family and Academic Initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be good Role Models by participating in three daily activities (30 minutes a day, 5 times a week) at home, together with their kids, that have the power to improve their student’s academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy. As with anything, children learn more from watching what you do than to what you say. LEAD BY EXAMPLE!
9. SPONSORSHIP: Sponsorship with GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us to discuss corporate and small business sponsorship opportunities.
Do you have a question for an infertility specialist? Mark your calendars [MARCH 1ST] for this great opportunity to hear an infertility specialist describe factors that can improve your egg and sperm quality. This meeting is FREE and in a very laid back environment and you’ll even have an opportunity to ask questions on a one-to-one basis. Please rsvp 305-244-2334 or MiamiInfertility@gmail.com. These meetings are part of RESOLVE – National Infertility Association.
Run-away-with the circus during the 1 mile bike! Challenges along the trail engage kids
of all ages.
• The finish line Circus features special performances and a chance to learn Circus tricks.
Face painting, rings of fire, rock climbing, juggling, food trucks, live music and more.
Benefiting: Families For Fragile X and its mission to provide family support, promote public
awareness, and to raise funds to find a cure for Fragile X Syndrome.
Families For Fragile X is devoted to bringing the Fragile X community in South Florida and
communities closer together. Also, the foundation is committed to raise funds for research and
awareness about Fragile X Syndrome.
Attendance: Projected attendance of 400+ of families affected by Fragile X, physicians,
Community leaders, corporate sponsors, professionals in the medical community, other
supporters and the public-at-large
The Br. Rice Honors Academy middle school at Archbishop Curley Notre Dame Prep will hold an Open House from 7 to 8pm. Meet faculty and administration plus learn more about academic requirements and course offerings. ACND Prep is an iPad/ EText school that has adopted the one-to-one, individualized learning model.
For more information, visit: http://www.acnd.net/
The Good Government Initiative
University of Miami
Invites you to
A Community Conversation
Reefer Madness or
Good Public Policy?
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Bank United Center – Hurricane 100 Room
1245 Dauer Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33145
11:30 a.m. Registration, 12 noon Lunch
12:30 p.m. Conversation
Join us as we discuss the pros and cons of marijuana legalization with Kevin Sabet, Ph.D, Director of the Institute on Drug Policy, University of Florida and Former Senior Advisor at the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy; Representative Holly Raschein, Florida Legislature, District 120; Ben Pollara, Campaign Manager, United For Care – People United for Medical Marijuana; and Margaret Sotham, Director, South Miami Drug-Free Coalition. Moderated by Katy Sorenson, President and CEO of the Good Government Initiative.
$35 Individual Ticket
$30 GGI Member*
$50 GGI Contributor
(Individual Ticket + $15 donation)
$500 Table of 10 (Sponsor Table)
$20 Concerned Citizen
*made a donation of at least $100 this year
Don’t wait — space is limited!
Your payment via PayPal in advance is your confirmation to attend the event.
Please click on “register now” button above for registration and payment through PayPal (no account necessary to use PayPal).
Miami Jewish Health Systems, the exclusive provider of all PACE centers in Miami-Dade county, will be unveiling the newest Florida Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) center in Westchester.
The Florida Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is a comprehensive program responsible for all acute and long-term care services for more than 400 seniors on Medicaid only or Medicaid and Medicare, at home or in healthcare facilities. The program redefines patient experience for adults 55 years and older by evaluating the needs of each individual, developing an individualized care plan and offering social, restorative and supportive services.
With a day care capacity of 225 individuals, the Westchester PACE Center will offer physical therapy to patients, periodic medical examinations, meals, transportation and housing assistance, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Specialty services such as dentistry and podiatry will also be available, as well as an array of social activities that range from computer classes to ceramic courses.
• Miami Jewish Health System Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
• Community leaders and local politicians
• PACE staff
Mario Hurley and Eugenia Spotar with MyBallroomLessons,Inc are opening the dance season with an exotic theme named: “Arabian Nights”
For the Arabian Nights Show, we have several unique numbers and guest appearances by local dancers who are sure make it a memorable night. Everyone and anyone who enjoys music and a good show is welcome! Best of Times will be dressed in delightful colors filled with Arabian decorations and music. Come dressed in your most “Arabian” motive and let’s take lots of pictures! Be sure to bring your friends and family for this show happening only one night: February 23rd. Bring your own drinks & Food to share with friends and have a time!
Leading Cardiologists Launch Campaign to Help
South Floridians Fight Heart Disease Before it Starts
Talking with your doctor isn’t always easy. Don’t wait until you have symptoms!
You know walking is good for you, but probably don’t know how good! Don’t Just Take A Walk. Walk with a Doc! Yes, here’s your chance to walk AND talk with South Florida’s most prominent cardiologists about PREVENTING heart problems before they happen!
Dr. Jonathan Roberts MD, FACC, FSCAI and Heartwell, LLP have joined forces with the national, non-profit organization, “Walk with a Doc”. The “Walk with a Doc” mission is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages and to reverse the nationwide epidemic of obesity by implementing physician led walking programs across the country. “Walk with a Doc” is a free, non-profit program for anyone interested in taking steps towards living a healthy lifestyle.
On Saturday, February 22, 2014, Dr. Roberts, Heartwell staff, patients and the community will participate in our first monthly “Walk with a Doc” event. Registration will start at 7:45 AM. The walk will take place at the Baptist Hospital Lake Pavilion at 8:10 AM and will include a talk by Dr Roberts about heart health. Future events will take place the third Saturday of each month.
Dr. Roberts believes that encouraging people to get out and walk can help reduce obesity and lead to better heart health. According to the American Health Association, walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. Walking as little as 30 minutes a day can help reduce the risks of coronary disease, improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels, help maintain proper bodyweight, and improve mental well being, in addition to many other benefits.
Bring friends and loved ones or come alone, and enjoy a refreshing, rejuvenating walk around the Baptist lake. We encourage individuals of all ages to come out and join us at this free event. For more information or to join our walk contact Jeff Kaplan at 305-200-0399 x201.