February at Miami Christian offered a variety of activities including the celebration of Chinese New Year by Mandarin Chinese language students from elementary through high school. Instructor Ming Ru Chaung organized the event including various presentations by the students.
* Of course, the Scholastic Book Fair is always an exciting time at MCS with a week packed with entertaining events including special preview days, breakfasts and trips to the library allowed students, staff and families to purchase books and other bookstore type items.
Thanks to robust sales, the school earned enough to receive another “Smart Board” with “Scholastic Dollars” they have accumulated.
* MCS Juniors got a head start on raising funds for their Senior Class Trip next year by hosting a successful Valentine’s Day Dinner. Families of Junior Class students provided the spaghetti dinner and desserts for a fun Valentine’s night activity that concluded with a basketball game on campus. The Boys’ Basketball Team took on Calusa Prep in a Regional Finals game.
* During Valentine’s Day week, MCS middle and high school students enjoyed Spiritual Emphasis Week with special daily chapel services. Pastor and missionary, George Lockhart, of Vision2Hear, was the speaker for the series, both inspiring and challenging students with his talks.
* Miami Christian fifth graders visited FIU to experience a lab with the Kinesiology Class with Dr. Eva Frank, plus a school tour and lunch in the Graham Center. In addition, they enjoyed a computer class with Dr. Thi runa r ayanan, learning how to make comic books online before enjoying a send off by Dr. Debbie Hasson, Assistant Dean, C o m m u n i t y Engagement, who gifted them with takeaway goodie bags.
* Finally, on the alumni front, Dr. James E. Fulton, South Miami dermatologist, and MCS graduate Kunal Khiyani (Class of 2012) spent last summer researching eyelash growth substances. They created a poster to be published in the medical journal, J Drugs in Dermatology, with an unveiling ceremony held in Orlando Jan. 18 to mark the event. Congratulations to Kunal for his published work.
* Next Admissions Open House at MCS is Thursday, April 11, from 4-6 p.m… a great opportunity for prospective families to meet the MCS staff and tour the facilities. Call Donna Gehring in advance to RSVP the event at 305-221-7754, ext. 773.
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=56765
Comments are closed