Several hundred elementary school students from around Miami Dade County gathered in Doral at the Firefighters Memorial Building during Burn Awareness Week in February where they learned about fire safety techniques. Sparky the Dog was especially popular when he greeted the children as they arrived for a thoroughly entertaining and educational field trip.
Burn Awareness Week is celebrated from February 3-9, 2013 and one of the focus areas is preventing scald burn injuries and, in an effort to address that, there was also a demo kitchen. From the kitchen to a puppet show and smoked filled trailer used to let the children experience exiting a smoked filled home, this interactive program is one that the children will long remember and one that may even save lives.
For more information on burn prevention, visit www.safekids.orgYou might be interested in these stories:
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=56277
Comments are closed