Is your child being bullied or is he/she picking on others at school? Would she step in to help a friend, or just stand by and watch?
Learn more about bullying during a community program, “Banishing Bullies: A Program for Parents of School-Age Children,” sponsored by Baptist Children’s Hospital on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m., in the auditorium at Baptist Children’s Hospital, 8900 N. Kendall Dr
Trish Ramsey of the Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention and Treatment will share strategies to help put an end to bullying and other aggressive behaviors. She will discuss:
• Different styles of bullying and teasing;
• Teaching your child how to ask for help;
• How your child can help a friend who is being bullied;
• Boys and girls — how their bullying behaviors differ, and
• Ways to prevent bullying.
The program is free, but space is limited and registration is required. Call 786-596- 3812, or send email to email@example.com (Note: The program is for parents of school-age children.)
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=45140
Comments are closed