It’s that time of the year again when chocoholics from far and wide flock to Fairchild Tropical Botanic for none other than the International Chocolate Festival, featuring Coffee and Tea. Taking place Friday-Sunday, Jan. 20-22, the International Chocolate Festival, now it its sixth year, is a chocolate lover’s must-attend event and this year it’s bigger and better than ever.
For three days visitors will be immersed in the wonderful and diverse world of chocolate, coffee and tea — from chocolate treats to tree sales, delicious cups of coffee and soothing cups of tea, cooking demonstrations to fun and educational kid’s activities, and so much more. So come get a taste of chocolates, coffee and tea from around the world, and join in the celebration of that divine tropical plant, Theobroma cacao, the source of chocolate!
Here are some of the festival highlights:
• Enjoy fine chocolate samples from artisan chocolatiers;
• Take the Chocowalk to learn about the life cycle of a cacao plant, with stops in the Rainforest and more;
• Watch master chefs demonstrating recipes with chocolate;
• Attend lectures on chocolate making, chocolate history, science and more;
• Sip coffee, tea and hot chocolate surrounded by the beauty of Fairchild, and
• View video and photos of past International Chocolate Festivals to see what makes this event so special.
Green Mobility Network will be on site Saturday and Sunday offering its unique bike valet service at the South Gate. If you walk or ride your bike to Fairchild, you will receive $5 off the admission price for adults and $2 for children.
Hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd. in Coral Gables. Admission is $25 for adults; $18, seniors; $12, children 6-17 and free to children 5 and under as well as Fairchild members. Eco-discount: If you ride your bike, walk or use public transportation, receive $5 off for adults and $2 off for children. It’s Fairchild’s way of thanking you for contributing to conservation.
For more information, visit online at www.fairchildgarden.org.
Short URL: http://www.communitynewspapers.com/?p=30496
Comments are closed