The American Red Cross South Florida Region is pleased to announce the 2014 honorees for the 21st Annual Sara Hopkins Woodruff Spectrum Awards For Women. The Spectrum Awards For Women recognizes outstanding women whose efforts have made significant contributions to the quality of life in South Florida. “Spectrum” refers to women’s impact across the broad scope of community life as well as the spectrum of cultures represented in the community.
On Thursday, March 13, 2014, the celebrated community leaders will gather at the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne for the annual ceremony. The reception will begin at 11:00 a.m. with a silent auction and exhibit by Leslie Hindman Auctioneers featuring an exquisite collection of vintage jewelry from top design houses, Van Cleef & Arpels, Tiffany and Cartier. At 12:30 p.m., the honorees and all of the guests will enjoy the luncheon highlighted by a video introduction of the honorees and the awards presentation.
Over 420 community leaders attended the prestigious Spectrum luncheon in 2013 and raised more than $175,000 for the vital life-saving programs and services of the American Red Cross South Florida Region.
“We are so proud and honored to congratulate all of these distinguished ladies,” said Phillis Oeters, President of the Council of Chairmen for the Spectrum Awards Committee. “Their tireless devotion and charity will continue to have such an outstanding impact in our South Florida community.”
These women represent the humanitarian principles of American Red Cross, including Humanity, Impartiality, Independence, Unity, Neutrality, and Voluntary Service.
The 2014 honorees are:
· Florida Blue Philanthropy Award: Pam Garrison
· Trish and Dan Bell Chairmen’s Award: Alesia Mogul (In memoriam)
· Cervera Real Estate Ambassador Award: Allison Sokol
· Bank of America Cultural Award: Mindy Shrago
· White & Case LLP Education Award: Loreen Chant
· Mercantil Commercebank Entrepreneurial Award: Mayi De La Vega
· Baptist Health South Florida Healthcare Award: Marjorie Evans
· Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association Hospitality Award: Peggy Benua
· The Ethel and W. George Kennedy Family Foundation Volunteerism Award: Elizabeth Baker
· Barbara Nelson Red Cross Service Award: Patricia Alderman
· Swanee and Paul DiMare Youth Award: Julie Goldstein and Maia Suazo-Maler
The presenting sponsor is the Leonora B. Hopkins Foundation, the Honorary Chair is Swanee DiMare and the Philanthropic Chair is Penny Stamps. For more information please contact Kenia Tedesco at 305-728-2512 or visit http://www.redcross.org/fl/miami.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.